its adviced to Start practicing bottle feeding breast milk to your baby early enough so he can get used to it.
if you cant afford a good breast pump,your hands is the cheapest option,you only need a container to catch the milk with.Truth is it could take a while to master the art of expressing by hand(i kid you not its quite a skill..lol)
So express your breastmilk,drop it for your nanny and off you go.
Oh hey mama,hold on a sec before you go
HERE ARE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT STORING BREASTMILK
- Before expressing or handling breast milk, wash your hands with soap and water.
- Containers must be washed in hot, soapy,water, rinsed well, and allowed to air-dry before use
- Containers should not be filled to the top – leave an inch of space to allow the milk to expand as it freezes
- Extracted milk can last up to 2 days if refrigerated or up to 6 months if frozen.
- Frozen milk should not be warmed or thawed in a microwave. This destroys some of its immune capabilities.
- To thaw frozen milk,placed the bottle in a bowl of warm water
- If baby does not finish milk at one feeding , it is probably safe to refrigerate and offer within 1-2 hours before it is discarded.
- Previously frozen milk may be kept in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours after it has finished thawing. Do not refreeze .
- Breastmilk is not spoiled unless it smells really bad or tastes sour.
- Freshly expressed breast milk can be kept at room temperature for up to six hours.
- The color of your breast milk might vary, depending on your diet. Also, thawed breast milk might seem to have a different odor or consistency than freshly expressed milk. It’s still safe to feed to your baby. If your baby refuses the thawed milk, it might help to shorten the storage time.
Breast milk is best
KINDLY ADD TO THE LIST IF YOU THINK I OMITTED SOMETHING
PS: pls don’t forget to subscribe,it would only take a min.